Who Are Witches And Wizards?
Witches and wizards are human beings who use magical powers and command supernatural forces in order to influence events negatively. The word witch usually refers to a female while the word wizard usually refers to a male.
Who Are Christians?
Christians are people who believe in Jesus Christ and treat him as their Messiah or Lord and Saviour. They have been redeemed and have a personal relationship with Jehovah, God the Father, Jesus Christ, God the son and God, the Holy Spirit.
What Does It Mean To Pray For And Against Witches And Wizards
To pray for witches and wizards is to ask God to deliver them from the evil spirits or forces of darkness that empower and control them so that they may be saved. Conversely, to pray against witches and wizards is to ask God to harm or kill them because they are committing sins by practicing witchcraft and wizardry.
Should Christians Pray For Instead Of Against Witches And Wizards?
Yes. Christians should pray for instead of against witches and wizards. Unfortunately, though, many people, including some uniformed christians may be dissatisfied with this viewpoint but it is the one that agrees with the Bible. As christians, we don’t live according to the standard the world has set but according to the one God has set in the Bible. If christians pray against witches and wizards, they are living according to the standard of the world not according to God’s standard and that amounts to doing their own will instead of God’s will.
Why Should Christians Pray For Witches And Wizards?
Dissatisfied as they may be with this view, there are many reasons why christians should pray for instead of against witches and wizards, as suggested by many people. The Bible can never mislead us and so below are the reasons christians should pray for witches and wizards:
In Matthew chapter 5, Jesus Christ commands christians to love their enemies and pray for those who hate them. Witches and wizards are our enemies and they hate us but we should pray for them, as instructed by Jesus Christ.
Also, in 1 Timothy 2:1-4, the Bible commands us to pray for everyone. This includes all witches and wizards. This is because God wants everyone to come to the knowledge of the truth and to be saved. 2 Peter 3:9 says that God does not want anyone to perish.
Furthermore, christians should pray for witches and wizards because our battle is not against flesh and blood but against spiritual forces of darkness. Witches and wizards have been taken captive by these forces of darkness to do their will. Read 2 Timothy 2:25-26. If christians pray for them, they might be delivered.
Why Should Christians Not Pray Against Witches And Wizards
The reason Christians should not pray against witches and wizards are valid even though they are not being acknowledged or accepted by many people. If they pray against them, the following realities apply:
- They have disobeyed God.
- They have become like those witches and wizards who are seeking the misfortune of their fellow human beings.
- They have joined Satan and his forces in their war against humanity.
- It makes God regret delivering them and that can lead to the reversal of their deliverance. This is because christians also were once sinners, as witches and wizards are, but were delivered. Ñow, after their deliverance, they want fellow humans, who are witches and wizards, to be destroyed instead delivered, as they were, because witches and wizards are sinners, which which they themselves also were, before their deliverance.
Why Many Christians Pray Against Witches And Wizards
There are three major reasons many christians pray against witches and wizards. Below are the reasons:
- Fear Of Being Harmed Or Killed: Some christians pray against witches and wizards because they are afraid of being harmed or killed by them. Do not let fear make you disobey God’s instruction. Moreover witches and wizards cannot harm or kill any christian because they are heavily protected by God. Read Isaiah 54:15, Isaiah 54:17 and Psalm 34:7 For example, when Balak, the king of Moab hired Balaam, the most powerful professional wizard of his time, to curse the children of God, he could not succeed because God prevented him. Read Numbers chapter 22 to chapter 23.
- Ignorance Of The Difference Between The Old Testament And New Testament Practices: Many other christians also pray against witches and wizards because they carry Old Testament practices over to the New Testament. Yes. In the Old Testament, the psalmists and others prayed against their enemies and God even ordered that witches and wizards should be killed but in the New Testament, the reverse is the case.
- Ignorance Of The Inevitability Of Divine Justice Against Sinners: Some other group of christians, too, pray against witches and wizards because they think that, if they don’t, those witches and wizards will escape God’s judgement. Nevertheless, the opposite is the case. Read Exodus 34:7 and Nahum 1:3.
- No one can escape divine justice. For instance, when God punished King Nebuchadnezzar and King Herod, did he do it because someone prayed against them?
Should Christians Pray Against The Forces Of Darkness That Empower Witches And Wizards?
Yes. Christians have been authorized to pray against the evil spirits that empower witches and wizards. This is because all witches and wizards have no supernatural powers of their own apart from the ones given to them by demons or forces of darkness. When those evil spirits that empower them are defeated, witches and wizards are also disarmed.
The Summary Of Whether Christians Should Pray For Or Against Witches And Wizards
- Christians should pray for instead of against witches and wizards because God demands it under the New Covenant or Testament.
- It is dangerous for christians to pray against witches and wizards because it can make God regret delivering them from the forces of darkness that dominates all unsaved humans including witches and wizards. This can result in the reversal of their deliverance.
- Witches and wizards cannot harm or kill christians.
- The fact that christians pray for witches and wizards does not mean that they will escape divine justice if they refuse to repent.